Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Successful Saturday

I love Saturdays where I have the preceding Friday off as well. It makes the day feel like a really good re-run of your favorite show.

This successful Saturday was made possible by:



1. A stop at Financier Patisserie - A new location opened on 6th/22nd, which was an excellent excuse to satisfy my sweet tooth.

2. Panyc Salon - When I first moved to NYC a year ago, I walked up to this salon and was extremely hesitant because the entrance seemed quite shabby, but it turned out it was quite fabulous. (Note to self: apply this ideology when dating men)

3. The Jane Austen Handbook - I came across this book and immediately loved the light hearted and satiric tone. I almost bought it...almost.

4. Lilies - I wasn't able to get an Easter Lily for my table, but I was able to get a beautiful substitute lily instead. Read some fun facts about lilies here. I never knew there was such a thing as a cassablanca lily bouquet! (Of all the flower shops in the world, and you had to walk into mine)

5. Chocolate Covered Strawberries - I make these all the time. I think this invention is right up there with the wheel. You can use this recipe here, but often I just buy Baker's Dipping Chocolate because I love convenience almost as much as chocolate covered strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment