Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Mom's Tuna Hotdish

I was rummaging through my recipes and I came across my Mom's Tuna Hotdish. This particular recipe, was her Mom's, and the faint smell of it, served along with buttered bread brings back warm memories.

{I adore her way of writing the recipe!}

Mom's Tuna Hotdish
Boil 1/2 package of egg noodles ( no fat or whatever your choice) per package instructions. Drain and rinse the noodles in cold water.

Add
2 cans of tuna (squish all the liquid out of the tuna)
2 cans of Cream of Mushroom Soup (you can use low fat or regular)
1 can of peas or frozen peas (how ever much you like)
1/2 onion (chopped up to your liking)

You might like to add a little milk to make it creamier

Mix together and wallah!

Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes




*I added 1 cup of red peppers/fresh mushrooms
*I topped it with 1/8 cup of fresh grated parmashan and 1/8 cup of panko bread crumbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment