Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Not Nutter Butters

When I think of Nutter Butters, I always think of my Great Aunt & Uncle. When they would pull up in their motor home for the summer, fresh from California, I was always excited for the unknown (and the Nutter Butters I knew were tucked in their snack cabinet.)

I think this is why I was excited to find this new recipe and possibly put it on the 2011 Christmas Cookie list.
k.o




Not Nutter Butters (Find the full recipe here)

Cookies:

3 sticks (12 ounces) unsalted butter, divided
1 vanilla bean
2 cups quick-cooking oats
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons kosher salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup natural , chunky-style unsalted peanut butter, excess oil poured off and discarded
2 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour

No comments:

Post a Comment