Friday, November 18, 2011

Julia Child Thanksgiving

I love Julia Child. I love her because she was unconventional and fabulous and walked to the beat of her own drummer (even when there was no drummer playing.)

With Thanksgiving planning in full effect, I couldn't help but look up WWJCD (What Julia Child Would Do) in a Thanksgiving situation.

Here's what I found:





Roast Turkey: Most of her technique is pretty classic, but she does add a twist with a slow-simmered giblet gravy.

Garlic Mashed Potatoes: Regular mashed taters are fine, but Julia knew long ago that a little garlic would make them divine.

Stuffed Pumpkin: Rather than stuffing your turkey, you could stuff and roast a nice, orange pumpkin.

Dressing: Julia preferred to keep the dressing out of the turkey, so pull out a casserole dish for this one -- or the pumpkin above.

Brussels Sprouts Browned with Cheese: A favorite among many.

Apple Tart: When the meal is good and done, wrap it up with a classic apple tart.

And don't forget the wine!

Yay for the weekend!
k.o

1 comment:

  1. i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member.

    and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

    i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
    (u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete