Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Vegetable Beef Soup with Dumplings

While I was home on the farm this weekend, my Mom made a batch of her Vegetable Beef Soup. I don't know if it was the chill in the air, but this memory never tasted so good. I found some more recipes here, here and here or you can make my Mom's version from the recipe below.



Vegetable Beef Soup w/ Dumplings

1lb stewing beef
Soup bones
1 onion shredded
1Tbsp of salt

Slow boil the above for above 2-3 hrs. When completed, put in refrigerator and skim off fat. Cut up 1 pkg of carrots, 3-4 potatoes (cut in quarters) and head of cabbage. Add dumplings. Boil for about 1/2 hour.

Dumplings

1 egg, 1 tsp salt, 1/4 c. plus 2 tbsp milk
1 cup of flour, 2 tbsp oil - Mix
Drop by teaspoonfuls on top of soup
Cook 10 min uncovered, 10 min, covered



k.o

No comments:

Post a Comment